Stages of Development
Start up stage
- Company has a concept or product under development, but it is probably not fully operational.
- Usually in existence less than 18 months.
- The company has a product or service in testing or pilot production. In some cases the product may be commercially available. May or may not be generating revenue.
- Usually in business less than 3 years.
- Product/service is in production and commercially available. The company demonstrates significant revenue growth but may or may not be showing a profit.
- Usually in business for more than 3 years
- Product/service is widely available. Company generating ongoing revenue: probably positive cashflow.
- More likely to be profitable.
- May include spin offs of operating divisions of existing private companies and established private companies